Paget's and its management
We hope the following information will prove valuable to you, enabling you to engage in meaningful conversations with your healthcare provider.
Paget's disease - key facts
- It affects the normal repair and renewal process of bone (remodelling)
- Pain is the most common symptom although the clinical presentation and severity vary widely
- Many people who have Paget’s disease do not have symptoms and will never develop complications
- It is common in the UK, although the frequency and severity of the disease has declined
- Causes: Genetic factors play an important role in predisposing to Paget's disease and environmental triggers probably play a role, but the identity of these triggers is unclear
What is Paget's Disease of Bone?
Paget’s disease is characterised by abnormalities in the bone remodelling processRead more
Who develops Paget's disease and what causes it?Read more
Symptoms and complications
Find out about potential symptoms and complicationsRead more
Learn how Paget's is diagnosedRead more
How is Paget's disease treated?Read more
What else may help?
What else can help with the symptoms of Paget's disease?Read more