Paget's Research Funding 2021
The Paget's Association funds research into various aspects of Paget's Disease of Bone. Applications are now closed.
The closing date for all award applications was Monday 18th January 2021, 23:59 GMT.
Flexible Funding Scheme
New! - Flexible Funding Scheme for 2021 - The Paget’s Association recognises the impact of the COVID pandemic across the research sector, as well as on our members. For 2021 only we are introducing a Flexible Funding Scheme that will consider applications in either/both of the two categories indicated below.
[i] Paget’s Research Recovery Awards
- Intended to provide additional support for ongoing Paget’s-related projects not already funded by the Association.
- Applicants must detail the impact of the COVID pandemic on recent progress of existing Paget’s research and the exceptional circumstances that merit this recovery funding; as well as how the funding would help mitigate these circumstances and accelerate the Paget's research programme.
[ii] COVID-Specific Paget’s Research Awards
- These awards are to support studies directly assessing or evaluating the impact of COVID on Paget’s patients e.g. epidemiological, database or qualitative research.
- A track record in Paget’s research is not essential although appropriate expertise must be demonstrated.
Research Project Grant Round
Each year the Paget’s Association invites applications for Research Project Grants in all areas of Paget’s Disease of Bone.
Researchers are now invited to apply for funding. The process to access the applications is in two stages. The first stage is an application summarising the research to be undertaken and how it aligns with our strategies and priorities. If this basic application is approved by the Research Subcommittee, the researchers are invited to submit a second-stage detailed application.
- Research awards are only available to lead investigators in the UK.
Student Research Bursary
The Paget’s Association is pleased to offer Student Research Bursaries of £6000. The bursaries are designed to encourage promising UK Science or Medical Students, Allied Health Professionals, and Nurses, to pursue Masters and PhD-level research into any aspect of Paget’s Disease of Bone.
The Association will provide funding to support recipients in their study towards Masters (postgraduate or intercalated medical) and PhD degrees. There is flexibility for the funding to be shared between the student (as stipend, up to 100%) and their institution (research costs, up to 50%). For full details of the bursary scheme and application form, please follow this link.
Find out about our Educational Award
Applications are invited for the Paget's Association's Educational Award, aimed at enhancing the education of health care professionals, patients, carers and the public about Paget’s Disease of Bone. Applications are invited from UK-based individuals at all levels although applicants are encouraged to contact the Association for guidance on individual eligibility.
For full details of the Award and application form, please follow this link.
Free Professional Membership
Join the Paget's Association now, to show your support and receive our latest news in our quarterly Paget's Magazine.
Find out more >